Who’s Eligible for Coverage?
Apex Capital and TransConnent employees who are considered regular and work full-time (minimum 30 hours per week) are eligible for benefits. New hires are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following date of hire.
- Lawful spouses
- Dependent children (who meet the following criteria):
- Natural children, foster children, legally adopted children, or stepchildren living with the employee, and;
- Dependents up to age 26
Making Coverage Changes During The Plan Year
When you make a benefit election, it will remain in effect for the entire plan year (January 1 through December 31). You may be able to make limited changes to your elections if you experience a “qualifying event” and the change is consistent with your change in family status.
Qualifying events include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation
- Gain or loss of an eligible dependent for reasons such as birth, adoption, court order, disability, death or reaching the dependent child age limit
- Significant changes in employment or benefit coverage that affect you or your dependent’s benefit eligibility
You have 31 days from the date of the qualifying event to request a change in Workday. You will not be able to make the change if you miss this deadline.